Winter is coming
On December 2nd, Snow falled to ogata station. It was first snow for me in this year. I'm melancholy because I don't like cold temperature and I have to do one more work.
The work is shoveling snow. I go my grandparents house to shovel snow every year. My grandparents house is in near mountains. Much snow fall. Without shoveling snow, roof of house breaks. I have to protect my grandparents house in this year too. In Niigata in kaetsu area, a lot of people don't say "yukikaki" but "yukinoke". I couldn't be understood when I used the word "yukinoke".
Winter is unpleasant for me, but it has happy events such as Christmas and New Year. I wont to enjoy these event.
Thank you for reading.
Hello, Raiya.
返信削除Recently, I am very cold too.
I also must to do "yukikaki" around my house.
I saw snow for the first time in Niigata last Friday. I was surprised because it was as piled up as much as my hometown Akita.
返信削除Hi,Raiya. I don't like cold tempumture, too.
返信削除I heard "Yukinoke" for the first time. I'm rooting for you.
I LOVE mini vocabulary lessons like this, especially lessons about the local dialect! Thank you Raiya! I did a little bit of googling after reading your entry, and I stumbled upon this page: https://the-ones.jp/do-nano/yukikaki/
返信削除Fascinating stuff!